Keywords: Staff Nurse, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Prometric Exam, private agency, IQAMA, BLS, ACLS, MOH (Ministry Of Health) Exam
An IQAMA is a residence permit issued to those expatriates who arrive in Saudi Arabia on an employment visa. The Iqama is valid for a period of 1-2 years.
Basic life support (BLS) is a level of medical care which is used for victims of life-threatening illnesses or injuries until they can be given full medical care at a hospital. It can be provided by trained medical personnel, including emergency medical technicians, paramedics, and by qualified bystanders.
Advanced cardiac life support, or advanced cardiovascular life support, often referred to by its abbreviation as "ACLS", refers to a set of clinical algorithms for the urgent treatment of cardiac arrest, stroke, myocardial infarction, and other life-threatening cardiovascular emergencies.
Five Steps to Work as Staff Nurse in Saudi Arabia
If you are nurse from different country, like to move Saudi Arabia for job, but don’t have any clue how to move for staff job in Saudi. We will give complete detail from applying job to joining and settle in Saudi Arabia
Contact some private or government agency by submitting bio-data, experience certificate.
When you approach government agency, they charge for processing fee, it is very less 90,000 Rs but private agency more than 2.5 to 3 Lakhs.
Saudi Health Ministry will conduct the exam – both written and oral exam
After clearing exam, ministry asked to sign contract papers. (Meantime Medical checkup is also done – x-ray. ECG and all blood test) Vaccination needs to be done.
Saudi Health Ministry will process your papers; finally send visa and ticket to travel Saudi Arabia.
After arriving Saudi Arabia, nurse need to do Data flow and Saudi Prometric Exam (Exam is of two kind namely technician and specialist)
Saudi Prometric Exam – Only three attempt is there and time period is also there for exam, if nurse fail clear before time period, nurse can’t work in Saudi Arabia)
Frequently Asked Question
1. MOH Exam and medical test conducted in India.
2. Airport emigration clearance department will clear document and permit travel to Saudi Arabia
3. Once nurse reach Saudi Arabia, they need to apply for National ID (Iqama). After getting Iqama, nurses are allowed to open bank account. (For this process, nurse need to pay money)
4. Every year, Iqama need to be reviewed.
5. During the beginning of nurse work, orientation program will be conducted for one week (includes hospital policy, procedure, medication calculation, ECG, etc)
6. Contract is there for one year, every year we need to renew contract every year.
7. After 2 year renewals, nurse need to write BLS exam. To work in normal ward, BLS exam is enough, but to work in ICU, Critical care – ACLS exam to clear)
8. BLS is valid for two years, after that we need to take BLS exam and demonstration
Any Queries - send message and join our forum community in
nurseinfo.in for discussion
How to get staff nurse job in Saudi Arabia – Answer is Here!